Go Back   SouthAfrica.com Discussion Forum > Human Rights > Human Rights in South Africa

Notices

does apartheid still exist in south africa

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11th March 2003, 02:03

Apartheid unjust laws do not exist in South Africa anymore. Racism is a plague that exists all around the world(including the so called United States).There's been tremendous progress as far as tolerance of culture, race and backgrounds are concerned in South Africa.The rainbow nation emphasises tolerance and forgiveness of the past.I was last in South Africa 3 years ago and even then things were moving forward.I would put two thumbs up for SA a country that has just been out of the dark in less than 10 years. It's a shame on how the apartheid goverment would have to ask 'white' SA'ns if he should go ahead with the transition where as they formed the minority of the country's population. It shows right there how evil the regime was and the 33% that opposed have probably migrated abroad where their stinking vies are better served.Sad part is they don't fit on either worlds, in SA things have changed no more previledges just because u are white; in Europe and the US they are just suck-ups.
Old 3rd July 2003, 23:30

Quote:
Originally posted by mar-T
Nubianman... please do not forget that South Africa is not the only country in the world where racisim exists. The question was "does Apartheid exist", not "does racism exist".
I agree with you. There are also a lot of racists. But they are not racist just with black people, they are racist also with us. Yesterday 3 Italian 15 years old girls gave a few slaps to 2 Italian grils who are from the Slovenian minority. They were talking in Slovien and the girls offended them, slapped them and then spited out to them. It was also on the Newspaper, but obviously it wasn't on the Italian newspapers!! Numibian, you are not the only person who has to live together with the racism!
Sorry to tell you but from your posts it seems that you're very racist too! And I find this stupid! I mean, if I want Italian to accept us I can't be against the Italian people (I'm half Italian and this is something like to be mixed: the black people don't accept you 'cause you're half white and the white people don't accept you 'cause you're half black) or they won't never accept me. They call us "slaves" and shout to as that we must go home, but this is our home. We are here already 1000 years.

So, reply to the question. Officially the apartheid doesn't exist no more, but pratically?

-Whoopi-
Old 19th August 2003, 16:21

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubianman
Of course it still exist and as they say inlaw it is now no longer de yure but defacto. You only have to read follow the going ons on this board to know that racism still burns bright in the so-called new south africa.
Where doesn't it exist? Heaven?
Old 19th August 2003, 16:22

Ngiyabonga

Siyalanda my brother. You speak most excellently.

Quote:
Originally posted by uBoyabenyathi
Apartheid unjust laws do not exist in South Africa anymore. Racism is a plague that exists all around the world(including the so called United States).There's been tremendous progress as far as tolerance of culture, race and backgrounds are concerned in South Africa.The rainbow nation emphasises tolerance and forgiveness of the past.I was last in South Africa 3 years ago and even then things were moving forward.I would put two thumbs up for SA a country that has just been out of the dark in less than 10 years. It's a shame on how the apartheid goverment would have to ask 'white' SA'ns if he should go ahead with the transition where as they formed the minority of the country's population. It shows right there how evil the regime was and the 33% that opposed have probably migrated abroad where their stinking vies are better served.Sad part is they don't fit on either worlds, in SA things have changed no more previledges just because u are white; in Europe and the US they are just suck-ups.
Humba kahle
Old 19th August 2003, 16:25

Re: comment on Allan's post

End of aprthied was a major hange happening overnight.
People were scared. Will the economy just fall apart?

It's fine for you to speak like this, but are you any better? Do you give to charity? Do you salute the flag nationalistically and sing the anthem with pride?

Quote:
Originally posted by sbergman
From what I remember about the referendum I'd say the numbers given by Allan are correct (I was in High school at the time) but I'd like you and all others to take a closer look.
It was a decision whether or not to give the right to vote to all SA's - and only 67% voted 'yes'. I don't think this can be described as 'resounding'. It actually says that ~33% of the whites would rather have blacks and coloureds be kept as an inferior race - which is a large fraction for this kind of view. Hopefully by now these figures would've improved.

I am however reluctant to think about what the result would be if Mbeki decided to have a referendum to determine whether the right to vote should be taken away from whites and coloureds.

So yes, apartheid does exist and it's like the aids virus. As soon as you think you've nailed it - it just changes it's form.
Old 19th August 2003, 16:27

Re: Re: comment on Allan's post

Quote:
Originally posted by lbj
End of aprthied was a major change happening overnight.
People were scared. Will the economy just fall apart? Would it be able to be aminstered well? Would it cause civil war? Reasonable fears. The latter was a major worry, and I supprised it never happened - it has in most African lands gaining independace, and cuase awful attoricites.

It's good aprthied is gone - and it is gone, it has no 'new form'.

It's fine for you to speak like this, but are you any better? Do you give to charity? Do you salute the flag nationalistically and sing the anthem with pride?

Quote:
Originally posted by sbergman
From what I remember about the referendum I'd say the numbers given by Allan are correct (I was in High school at the time) but I'd like you and all others to take a closer look.
It was a decision whether or not to give the right to vote to all SA's - and only 67% voted 'yes'. I don't think this can be described as 'resounding'. It actually says that ~33% of the whites would rather have blacks and coloureds be kept as an inferior race - which is a large fraction for this kind of view. Hopefully by now these figures would've improved.

I am however reluctant to think about what the result would be if Mbeki decided to have a referendum to determine whether the right to vote should be taken away from whites and coloureds.

So yes, apartheid does exist and it's like the aids virus. As soon as you think you've nailed it - it just changes it's form.
Old 24th April 2004, 22:48

Quote:
Originally posted by Allan

Fortunately a resounding 67% of (white) voters gave de Klerk the go ahead, and the first ever multi-racial election in South Africas history took place on the 27 th April, 1994.
How was that particular decision, 'fortunate', Allan? It was essentially the last nail in the coffin of the only first world society to have ever existed in Africa. I fail to see anything 'fortunate' about this.

In John Milton's Paradise Lost, Lucifer exclaims that "Tis better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven." That seems to be the mindset of most black South Africans, and, unfortunately, a large number of brainwashed South African whites. The fact that blacks, as a group, are incapable of creating a first world society, and that the only path South Africa will take under black rule (and has been taking) is a downward spiral is deemed irrelvant, so long as everyone, regardless of qualifications is allowed to participate in the mob circus called 'democracy'. I disagree - everyone, including blacks, was far better off under the old regime - most South Africans are either already subconsciously cognizant of this fact, or beginning to become aware of it. It will take the rest of the world quite a bit of time to catch up, though.