Go Back   SouthAfrica.com Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion

Notices

Interracial Marriages

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average. Display Modes
Old 17th September 2003, 05:00

KB brought this up, so I thought it would be a good topic to discuss.

I have a South African Indian friend whose white girlfriend broke up with him because her parents found out about the relationship and were against it because he was Indian.

I personally think there's absolutely nothing in the world wrong with interracical marriages. The old testament had laws against it, but that was only because the other nations were pagan in those days and God is definitely against uniting His children with unbelievers.

So, I think it's fine. Does anyone know any mixed couples? If so, how does it work for them?
Old 17th September 2003, 07:58

MK:

Well, as far as what kb202 was talking about.....

He was trying to say that discriminating against homosexuals is equal to discriminating against blacks.

Racism and homosexuality have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with each other because "race" was never a sin in the bible like homosexual behavior.

It would be like saying sex with animals are no worse than sex with WOMEN and if you condemn one you MUST condemn the other.

You see how stupid that sounds?

Because the 2 have nothing in common...one is a specified sin and the other is not.

No comparison.

Would you compare the execution of serial killers with the killing of Jews in Nazi Germany?

No?

Then why compare the mistreatment of sexual deviants with that of an actual "race" of God's creation?

Now.......

I like that you started this topic.

I kinda wanted to go into it a little further with Elmo but she left as soon as "wounded-sore" did and I started warming up to her.

I'm also interested in what Theja and other women have to say.

The FIRST thing I wanted to know is WHERE in the Old Testament does it speak against interracial marriages?

I've read NOTHING in the bible where interracial marriages where condemned or even disapproved of.

I know the Children of Israel wasn't supposed to mix with anyone else but I never read of any laws restricting other races to themselve.

As a man, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I disapproved of interracial relationships.

I used to "say" that I was attracted only to AfroAmerican women but the first time I went to Canada (I live in America) and saw beautiful Caribbean, African, French, White, and Oriental women openly flirtatious and friendly with out the usual hang ups of the women back home...it changed my view BIG TIME.

I realized that I wasn't against interracial dating NOR was I ONLY attracted to my own women.

I realize that I was angry and resentful of the ATTITUDE most of the non-black women in America had towards me and rather than admit it and deal with it, I brushed it off and stuck with my own women.

But I think everyone one should be free and open in dating and marrying women of whatever race they please because no one has the right to keep their women all to themselves....you can only have one (or 4) at a time anyway.

Old 17th September 2003, 19:16

I wasn't agreeing with KB...and you make a good arguement.

Yes: what I meant was exactly what you said--only the JEWS were not allowed to intermarry becuase no other group held to their faith.

I am a white girl and I am not only attracted to white guys; I'm also very attracted to black guys, maybe even more than I am to white guys. I would marry someone of any race. What matters is a)that we have common beliefs and b)that we have the same goals for our lives.
Old 22nd September 2003, 08:55

MKCarver:

I appreciate your courage and honesty.

I don't know what country you live in but I'm guessing it's not the United States.

Although interracial and marriage exist in the United States there is so much stigma and taboo created from the society for it that more and more are the races separating and growing apart from eachother.

There's a lot of suspicion and myth surrounding it and people here make a bigger deal out of it than I think SHOULD be.

You'll find the most religious people in America STRONGLY against interracial marriage as if it was "gay" marriage or something.

Especially among Asians.

There are plenty of Asians who'd rather see their daughers or sisters turn LESBIAN rather than to see them be married to a black man.

It burns me to see so many lovely women of different races "forbidden".

Old 25th September 2003, 04:48

Yes, Kareem, I DO live in the US!!

Anyway, I don't think interracial marriages are a big deal. I know religious people who are mixed-race couples, and I don't know a single religious person who disapproves of interracial marriage (except there are some radicals, but they don't represent the mainstream.)

My church, my faith, and my friends have NOTHING against interracial marriage.

It's interesting that it's usually white women marry black men, not the other way around. I think it's becuase we perceive dark men as powerful, and we're attracted to that.

I know that during apartheid it was illegal. How do people feel about it now in South Africa? Are there many mixed marrigaes now that it's legal?
Old 30th September 2003, 03:49

MKCarver:

Ha haaa......

Don't ask me,
I live in America too!!

Word is bond, I've met more AMERICANS on this "SouthAfrican" site than the South AFricans I registered just to meet!

Anyway, I don't think interracial marriages are a big deal. I know religious people who are mixed-race couples, and I don't know a single religious person who disapproves of interracial marriage (except there are some radicals, but they don't represent the mainstream.)

My church, my faith, and my friends have NOTHING against interracial marriage.

I've heard plenty of Christian preacher (usually white men) who preach that interracial marriages are a sin and condemnable.

I don't think MOST Christians believe this but too often the ministers who DO believe this use their authority as ministers to promote their racist agendaz.

Well in the Midwest, where I live, it IS the other way around for most cases.

For the last 10 years, most black\white unions in marriage involves a white man and a black woman.
Black men in America (more so than any other nation) are being destroyed and made to be the most undesirable of all creatures in this nation so many black women are looking for alternatives.

I'll be honest with you MK, I truly believe that a man and woman who loves one-another should have a right to marry eachother and live together in happiness regardless of each's race, color, heritage, culture, nationality or any other petty bondaries.

But a lot of white men don't wanna play by those rules.

Most don't want the playing-field to be equal for some reason.

I think most women are naturally attracted to dark skin because like you said...it represents power and virility.

Even when white boys go through puberty..they lose that pale "rosey" complexion and become darker and more rugged for the attraction of females.

But I think a lot of it stems from sexual "supression".

A lot of white women are KEPT away and "SHIELDED" from black men so much that they become extremely curious as to what they're being denied

The reason I thought you might have been from Europe is because I've never heard a white female from the States state her beliefs as obvious as you.

Not in real life nor the internet.

Most either avoid the issue or speak against it, so when I heard how frank and open you are....I said,
"This girl CAN'T be from America".

Most white women in America have been trained not to say what they really think about black men.

But judging by the way so many AfroAmericans are starting to oppose interracial relationships for reasons I have yet to understand.....I wouldn't be suprised if Interracial Marriages are made illegal HERE IN AMERICA in the comming years.

You have a lot of AfroAmericans...especially the women...who are vehemently opposed to interracial relationships and are VERY VOCAL about it.
Old 15th October 2003, 15:24

Well done for being brave enough to speak up.
The only thing that would stop me marrying a person of another race is the bullying the person I would marry or my offspring might get, but other than that, I have nothing against interracial marriage. I have also been attracted to black, whites and Asians.
The Jews couldn't marry other ethnic groups for religious, not racial reasons. I would marry any true Chritsian, balck, Asain, or white.

Quote:
Originally posted by MKCarver
I wasn't agreeing with KB...and you make a good arguement.

Yes: what I meant was exactly what you said--only the JEWS were not allowed to intermarry becuase no other group held to their faith.

I am a white girl and I am not only attracted to white guys; I'm also very attracted to black guys, maybe even more than I am to white guys. I would marry someone of any race. What matters is a)that we have common beliefs and b)that we have the same goals for our lives.