EASY ROTI RECIPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EASY ROTI RECIPE

Pleeease someone help! Am missing roti and kebab. My Mum always made it and I have a small idea on how to make roti. Would appreciate a nice easy recipe so I can make some for me and my friends! Thank u!

PS. I know howe to make the kebabs!

I've had a look online but can't seem to find any recipe online! If you do find one, why don't you post it here, I'd like it too

Comment

actually, I spoke too soon!

DURBAN ROTI

(A type of pancake filled with curry, or used as bread to mop up all the curry juices)

3 cups flour
      1 t salt
      3 T oil
      enough water to form a soft dough
      1 cup soft butter or margarine
      oil for frying

Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and add the oil. Rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
      Add water and mix to a fairly soft dough. Roll out on a floured surface and roll to the size of a 23 x 32cm rectangle.
      Spread the dough with softened butter and roll it up like a Swiss roll. Cover with a tea towel and leave for 30 minutes.
      Break off pieces of dough and form into balls the size of tennis balls.
      Roll out each ball into a disc the size of a dinner plate.
      Fry in hot oil for 2 minutes on each side.
      Serve immediately with a curry filling, or on the side.

It's from this site: http://funkymunky.co.za/recipes.html
      Lots of recipes!!

Comment

Thanks Liza you are a pal! Do you know how to cook kebabs, can you guys get decent curry powder up there in the states. Exscuse me if I sound ignorant I know that america is multiculti. Me I miss Durbs' hot spices, I can cook just about any masala or bryani. OOOh am missing the bunnies too!

Well will all be on my tongue sooner than I think I guess.

Liza keep well and study hard girl.

Nat

Comment

Yeah, I think you can actually get pretty good curry powder here. I think it's because there is quite a large and wealthy Indian community (like, from India, not Native Americans )You have to go to the rather upscale supermarkets though - the kind that will carry imports. I've found tumeric before to make yellow rice. Had it with bobotie - was heavely!
          I'm a whimp when it comes to spicy foods myself, having grown up on my mom's cooking (love her to bits but she is a horrible cook!)
          What kind of kebabs are you making? Kebabs is just the same thing as sosaties, right? Meat on a skewer? I don't think you really even need any recipe. Just cube the meat, put whatever sauce you feel like on it, stick on on the skewer and grill it in a pan or have a braai and do it there. I've seen people stick little onions inbetween the meat to flavour it and keep it moist - so they tell me.

Comment

Hey, this is great! Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

Working...
            X