please help translate this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help translate this!

hi, i am from the us and the guy (who lives in sa) that i like sent me an email with the subject "meisie kind" and said this at the bottom "ek is diep , maar net want ek weet hoe ongelooflik jy is en hoe baie meer dit kan wees as ek jou net n bietjie meer kan leer ken...jy is ongelooflik , en pragtig , en wil nie he jy moet ooit n haar op jo kop verander nie"
    and in another email he said "kyk mooi na jouself en ek mis jou , en wens ek was nou by jou"

i would really appreciate help because i am going crazy!!
    thanks,
    cristen

Cristen,

A quick and dirty translation, just for you.

Originally posted by help!
    "meisie kind"
    Literally, girl child, but used affectionately as a form of address.

"ek is diep , maar net want ek weet hoe ongelooflik jy is en hoe baie meer dit kan wees as ek jou net n bietjie meer kan leer ken...jy is ongelooflik , en pragtig , en wil nie he jy moet ooit n haar op jo kop verander nie"
    I'm deep, but only because I know how incredible you are and how much more it could be if I just could get to know you a little better... you're amazing, and beautiful, and I wouldn't want you to change a hair on your head.

"kyk mooi na jouself en ek mis jou , en wens ek was nou by jou"
    Take good care of yourself and I miss you and wish I was with you right now.

ches

Comment

thanks soooooo much!! i will probably be posting again soon

Comment

what does "i am deep" mean??

Comment

Heavens knows what he means by that. He's a deep philosophical kind of person?

Comment

Originally posted by liza81
            Heavens knows what he means by that. He's a deep philosophical kind of person?
            Yeah, I thought either that, or he's deeply in love (although that's a bit of an anglisisme, ne?) or it could be a typo.

I always had a soft spot for the little Afrikaner seuntjies because of their soft mushy side. The English one are all about beer and surfing and tuning you kak all the time. But then I settled for a nice soft mushy American

Comment

i agree...american guys SUCK. they are all the same, boring and dumb...south africans on the other hand seem to be much more thoughtful and cute haha, thanks for the help!
              cristen

Comment

Ches, just had a good giggle about your "tuning you kak" comment. Classic! Must use that when I speak to my Saffie buddie later.

Cristen, feel free to ask for translations anytime. Ches and I will take care of you.

Comment

Haters!!!!!

I agree that there are many awesome S.A men out there, but please don't dog American men. I am married to one and he treats me wonderfully. There are good and bad men and women in every nationality!!! Please don't sound so uneducated. That's just ignorance!!

Comment

Working...
                  X