English to Yoruba translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liza81
    From what I understand, Moonwalkers son does not quite yet have a car. A pram and a tricycle maybe (or is he a bit older than that, Manie?)
    He has a skateboard and a bike, not old enough for a car yet...but he loves French cars, and at eleven it's quite a way off yet..
    Moonwalker

The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us,
    And I for one must be content to remain an agnostic
    ...Charles Darwin...

Comment

Originally posted by Moonwalker
      He has a skateboard and a bike, not old enough for a car yet...but he loves French cars, and at eleven it's quite a way off yet..
      Your car is safe, then... for now.

Went to Paris this summer, before everything got incinerated by the drought. One of the things we noticed about Parisiens was their method of car parking. They don't bother looking or estimating how far they are from the car in front or behind - they just go until they hear a bang. A Portugese mate and I were watching in disbelief as one guy banged the car behind him - not once, but *twice* - when parking. Maybe he just wanted to make sure it wasn't his imagination...

One walk down the Champs d'Elysées confirmed that this wasn't an isolated incident. Almost every car we saw parked up had bump or scratch marks on the back and front, at about the right place. So, if you like your car - and you've gone to great effort to keep it in good nick, here's a useful word of warning: Don't take it to Paris!

Comment

Originally posted by Joovilhar
        That may be, but if you're wise, you won't let him park his car near yours.

(Anyone who has witnessed Parisien car parking tactics in their full splendour will instantly understand what I am referring to).
        I fully understand what you mean, I spend a lot of time in Paris, as driver and pedestrian, and all though the rest of Europe think their driving sense chaotic, they are sensible in parking, using space that is available, something you could never do in britain, here within seconds you would have a ticket clamped on your windscreen
        Moonwalker

The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us,
        And I for one must be content to remain an agnostic
        ...Charles Darwin...

Comment

Working...
        X