Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Forum Used to be Humming

Hi All,
    When I joined this forum a few years back, it used to be humming with sense and nonsense and more. Then it changed it's front page and I, for one, had trouble finding access to the community bit. After that I left it and would probably had never come back, if not for the listing under my favourites.
    When I finally tried again, there it was. But now it former hummdrumm activity had shrivelled to next to nothing. What actually happened???

Rob

Originally posted by fontana
    What actually happened???
    Hey Rob,

I found these forums while they were held in a choke lock by a group of "African" American trolls. Then the site got an administrator again, we got a few moderators (an open casting, but none of the trolls volunteered) and a few of the trolls got banned. One is persistent and recreates accounts as fast as they're blocked.

Recently the site got a new-look, complete with private messages and buddy/ignore lists. The ignore function is a thing of beauty: "This message has been blocked because troll is on your ignore list."

Sometimes the site is really quiet, but there's usually a discussion or four a day, and it's easy to keep up if you don't log in every day.

Ches

Comment

Ignore List ???

Hey Ches,
      I've got an Ignore List ???
      I do admit I haven't looked at the new make-up in detail, but I do know that I certainly did not edit any "preference features". So, if "troll" is a bad word , I had nothing to do with banning it. But anyway . . .
      You are right about this troll bit . . . but I never looked at it as a problem, more like entertainment instead. But I'm sure you realise it's not just the trolls who are missing. Lot of casual visitors don't seem to find the site anymore.
      Anyway, like you know, I don't need to talk about braais anymore . . . I can actually do them again shortly.
      Cheers,
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by fontana
        I've got an Ignore List ???
        Click on my user name and you'll see a link to add me either as a buddy or as an ignoree. The ignore feature is glorious.

Comment

Working...
        X