Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOBBING (Psychological Torture at Work/School)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOBBING (Psychological Torture at Work/School)

INFORMATION:

Actions and behaviour leads to mobbing (psycho-torture) when these continuously overstep the limit of pain for the person on the receiving end.

So what and how do the perpetrators actually do, to subjugate their victim to psycho-terror?

In his 44 point list, Professor Heinz Leymann has noted the most frequent mobbing actions, identified through his research dating as far back as 1982.

The list is merely a guideline and you may elaborate thereon by applying your own experience

1) Perpetrators¡¦ method of self-elevation at victim¡¦s expense:

ĉ My supervisor limits the
    opportunities for me to express
    , myself
    ƒâ I¡¦m continuously interrupted
    ƒâ I¡¦m screamed at / loud audible
    scalding
    ĉ Incessant criticism about any work I
    do
    ĉ Incessant criticism about my private
    life
    ĉ Telephone terror
    ĉ Verbal threats
    ĉ Written threats
    ĉ Alienation through demeaning looks
    and or gestures
    ƒâ Alienation through innuendo¡¦s
    without directly saying anything

2) Attacks on my social relations

ĉ My colleagues no longer talk to me
    ĉ My colleagues do not allow me to
    talk to them
    ĉ My office has been moved to the
    end of the passage far away from
    everybody else
    ĉ Colleagues are forbidden to address
    me
    ĉ I am treated like air

3) Consequences to my social standing

ĉ People are speaking about me
    behind my back
    ĉ Rumours are spread about me
    ĉ I am being ridiculed
    ĉ I am being accused of being
    neurotic / mad
    ĉ The company is insisting that I am
    evaluated by a psychiatrist
    ĉ I am disabled and my associates
    find my disability amusing
    ĉ My associates imitate my walk,
    voice or gestures in order to make
    fun of me
    ĉ My political or religious views are
    under attack
    ĉ They make fun of my private life
    ĉ They make fun of my nationality
    ĉ I am being forced to do work, which
    injures my integrity
    ĉ My work assessment is inaccurate
    and demeaning
    ĉ My decisions are questioned
    ĉ Obscene swear words and other
    demeaning comments are loosely
    thrown at me
    ĉ Sexual advances or verbal sexual
    comments are made

4) Attacks on the quality of my work and life situation

ĉ I am not given any work to do
    ĉ Every task is taken away from me,
    so that I cannot even think of any
    new tasks
    ĉ I am given senseless tasks to do
    ĉ I am given tasks, which are below
    my capabilities
    ĉ I am continuously given new tasks
    ĉ I am given tasks, for which I am not
    qualified¡K in order to discredit me
    ĉ I am given tasks which demean me

5) Attacks on my health

ĉ I am forced to do health damaging
    tasks
    ĉ I receive physical threats
    ĉ The application of minor physical
    force (e.g. ¡§to teach me a
    lesson¡¨)
    ĉ Physical abuse
    ĉ My associates create expenses for
    me in order to hurt me
    ĉ Sabotage at work and / or at home
    ĉ Sexual misappropriation
    If you identify with any of the above points and need support call us NOW and take control of your life!!
    Yours sincerely

Claudia Rhode ¡V 083 415 4995
    Debbie Coetzer ¡V 084 737 0698
    Lhalha Hoboyi ¡V 073 187 5522
    Hayley Storrs-Fry ¡V 082 724 6394

Most of the reasons given by Prof So-and-so does not make any sense.
    You should take control of your life, no-one else is responsibile for it but you.

I'm continuously interrupted - You're only interrupted because you allow it.

I'm screamed at / loud audible scalding - yeah, I had that once, it really sucked, Luckily the person in question was fired after he did it to enough people.

Incessant criticism about any work I do - maybe you suck at what you do?

Incessant criticism about my private life - maybe you're a boring person, find a hobby/lover/interest.

Telephone terror - what's that? are you afraid of using the phone?

Verbal threats - ouch. why? do you need to be threatened before you do some work? (get a dictaphone, and use it)

Written threats - go to the police. written proof is all you need.

Alienation through demeaning looks and or gestures - You'll only feel "demeaned" if you have a reason to. are you guilty of something?

Alienation through innuendo without directly saying anything - ask the person to please be specific because you do not understand what they mean. They'll probably respond with "haha, don't worry, it's nothing", then respond with "oh yes, I thought so, but I just wanted you to be clear"
    they'll think twice next time.

Attacks on my social relations - Find a job where you fit in. sadly in the corporate world you need to fit in or f(*& off.

My colleagues no longer talk to me - wonder why?

My colleagues do not allow me to talk to them - why not? perhaps you bore the living hell out of them.

My office has been moved to the end of the passage far away from everybody else - take the hint, leave.

Colleagues are forbidden to address me - hahaha, shame.

I am treated like air - perhaps that's what you have in your head.

People are speaking about me behind my back - it's human nature. you speak opf others behind their backs, fair's fair.

Rumours are spread about me - if they're true do something about it, if not, why worry?

I am being ridiculed - maybe you're being rediculous.

I am being accused of being neurotic / mad - Get counseling. at least say you are. (if only for a week) at least you won;t be "mad" anymore, You've had professional help, right?

The company is insisting that I am evaluated by a psychiatrist - so let them, maybe they'll discover your genius and promote you.

I am disabled and my associates find my disability amusing - life's a ***** aint it?, once again, move jobs. If you don't fit into the company culture there's not much you can do.

My associates imitate my walk, voice or gestures in order to make fun of me - maybe you're a funny person?. at least they think of you.

My political or religious views are
    under attack - they are right, you are neurotic / mad.

They make fun of my private life - if they do then perhaps your private life is funny?, does your husband have a club-foot? is he head-coach at the school soccer team? no bloody wonder.

They make fun of my nationality - where are you from? South Africa? hahahahahahahahahaha. good one.

My work assessment is inaccurate
    and demeaning - change jobs (for the umpteenth time)
    They either like you or they don't.

My decisions are questioned - so stop making them, ask your superior for assitance (every time), after the 400th time they'll stop questioning you.

Obscene swear words and other demeaning comments are loosely thrown at me - get a dictaphone, record them and goto the CCMA.

Sexual advances or verbal sexual comments are made - feel proud, at least they find you sexually attractive.
    b.t.w. fancy a shag? hahahaha

seriously, people should take control of their lives and stop blaming circumstance and other people for their unhappiness. (playing the victim game)

If you hate your job, leave.
    If you hate your partner, leave him/her.
    If you feel stupid, take a course, educate yourself.
    If you're overweight/obese go on a diet, take up a sport. You won't lose weight by doing nothing.
    If you're skinny, goto gym, your body shape won't improve by sleeping more.

and finally, if you feel lonely and unwanted.
    get a dog. (fish are pretty 'n all, but they don't make very good pets as they battle with the communication-thing)

I bid you g'day.

lol.

Comment

Absolute Nonsense

The catagory Proffessor so-and-so has placed these feelings are absolute nonsense. These people are not "victims"! I have come accross many "paranoid" people who believe everyone is against them and believe the worst in every situation and make an issue of situations where there is absolutely no issue. The characteristics portrayed in the bullet points are scary, in that they believe that they are being belittled or treated unfairly is a very dangerous pattern. From what I have seen, it is these people who cause the most damage by creating problems for themselves and eventually exploding and retaliating. These people worry themselves into a state where they do not believe that they have caused any of these problems for themselves. It is depressing to be around them and so their paranoia starts to become reality as people really do not want to be around them.

They read situations wrongly and do not seem to grasp fully what other people have said or meant.

I have found that even befriending people like this can be very damaging because their sense of reality is distorted. They rarely see themselves in the wrong and can behave very irrationally. In believing that they are the victim, they blind themselves to the fact that they are in fact damaging others. They usually are constantly storming off in a "sulk" for no apparent reason. They constantly criticise everyone around them and snap for no reason. They rarely think that they are acting irrationally. They constantly badmouth others and sound completely pathetic and unjustified. They are dangerous because they develop the skill in getting others to believe their lies. They learn to twist the truth in a very vindictive way by being "friendly" and then badmouthing others to make the other person feel trust. Unfortunately, the reality is that these people badmouth those they are closest to the most. They believe that what they are saying is the truth and justify the situation to believe that they are not gossiping as such. The reality is sad - these people are a bore to live with, a pain in the backside and end up either very lonely or with other idiots like themselves.

There is a solution for these people though - it is simple. If they put into practise to learn to only say nice things, they will see people begin to like them again and if they get wound up about something, they go directly to the person they have the issue with and talk it through. They learn to humble themselves and accept that they are in the wrong when they are and learn to tolerate others - no one is perfect. So my advice to them is STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM AND LEARN TO HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT FOR OTHERS!

Comment

Working...
      X