Freedom of expression must be guaranteed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom of expression must be guaranteed

I find it interesting that a well known racist such as worstyner has been made a moderator and like I said previously in the section for suggestions and feedbacks where he was calling on the Administrator to ban me because he was unable to stand up and defend himself like a man should, I WILL NOT BE STIFFLED.

The only condition under which I will leave this forum is if there is any forced attempt to make me accept European racial superiority, I will never ever stand for this. Racial oppression hinders human development in many spheres of life and must be fought to a standstill. I will simple leave this forum and concentrate on those other activities that I get involved especially educational activities which assist African children particularly understand their history. Our heroes of the past such as Steve Biko, Mandela and all, have paid a far heavier price other than be banned from a South African discussion board run and moderated by this racist.

[Edited by Nubianman on 5th August 2004 at 16:30]

Nubian man - once again, I hear a puppy barking somewhere...

Please go back to school an learn proper English.
    You don't have to leave the forum, just shut up if you don't know what you are talking about - like in your previous post.
    Freedom of expression? Oh, you mean like the freedom granted to the citizens of ZimBoBwe by the tyrant Mugabe (who slaughtered thousands of Black Africans).

Get your facts straight kiddo, then come argue with the big boys. The only racist here is you. Come back to earth, take off your tin foil hat and listen to the music? You hear that? It is the sound of reason - on this forum. We are all reasonable people here, dealing with your ignorant self.

Comment

It's a common misconception: "The internet is free! Therefore it is the last bastion of the people! We can do what we want! We can abuse people! We can air out all our dark and disgusting sexual fetishes! We can hide behind a handle and never reveal our true persona! We can be an anthropomorphic fox and make people refer to us using gender-neutral pronouns!"

This is all bogus.

The internet is free, apart from all that advertising you're subjected to and of course the fees you pay to your service provider.

This is a private site, however. In spite of what some may think or say about the entrepreneurs who, in 1995, saw that there would be money to be made when governments caught on to the asset value of "acountry.com", they own the domain and are gracious enough to give us a forum and leave us to our own devices. There's a lot of advertising here, perhaps they're not that gracious, but while it may not be the swoopiest flash site promoting South Africa, they certainly do a better job of it than we do with all the petty bickering. Do we really want curious potential tourists to think that the most popular thread about South Africa is entitled "Vote to get rid of the racist Nubianman"?

The bottom line is still that this is a private site. The owners are entitled to set rules and appoint whomever they will to enforce them. There is no "Freedom of Expression". Even the United States' First Amendment is qualified. The exceptionally liberal South African constituion also disallows hate-inciting speech.

Nubianman, you are not hard done to or oppressed because you could have put up your hand to be a moderator too. Really, that would have been the funniest of your trolling activities. I guess you missed that joke. I'm not surprised, really, because you aren't a very good troll. Nobody actually believes that you really mean all the right-wing rhetoric you spout. With every post you expose your ignorance.

Look, there's a reply link below. Have another go at it. C'mon. I dare you.

Comment

Originally posted by ches
        It's a common misconception: "The internet is free! Therefore it is the last bastion of the people! We can do what we want! We can abuse people! We can air out all our dark and disgusting sexual fetishes! We can hide behind a handle and never reveal our true persona! We can be an anthropomorphic fox and make people refer to us using gender-neutral pronouns!"

This is all bogus.

The internet is free, apart from all that advertising you're subjected to and of course the fees you pay to your service provider.

This is a private site, however. In spite of what some may think or say about the entrepreneurs who, in 1995, saw that there would be money to be made when governments caught on to the asset value of "acountry.com", they own the domain and are gracious enough to give us a forum and leave us to our own devices. There's a lot of advertising here, perhaps they're not that gracious, but while it may not be the swoopiest flash site promoting South Africa, they certainly do a better job of it than we do with all the petty bickering. Do we really want curious potential tourists to think that the most popular thread about South Africa is entitled "Vote to get rid of the racist Nubianman"?

The bottom line is still that this is a private site. The owners are entitled to set rules and appoint whomever they will to enforce them. There is no "Freedom of Expression". Even the United States' First Amendment is qualified. The exceptionally liberal South African constituion also disallows hate-inciting speech.

Nubianman, you are not hard done to or oppressed because you could have put up your hand to be a moderator too. Really, that would have been the funniest of your trolling activities. I guess you missed that joke. I'm not surprised, really, because you aren't a very good troll. Nobody actually believes that you really mean all the right-wing rhetoric you spout. With every post you expose your ignorance.

Look, there's a reply link below. Have another go at it. C'mon. I dare you.
        My views are not right winged, left winged or chicken winged in anyway, my views are what they are - my views although I know for sure that millions of Africans around the world share these views even if they do not say so to your faces.

There is nothing in any of my posts in which I have postulated an argument along the lines you suggested particularly as regards the internet being the last bastion of "freedom of expression", so you are wrong to insinuate this propaganda on my behalf. I do not want to part of an oppressive regime group of people who claim a moral high ground that is lacking in objectivity - my grounds are firmly rooted in reality and uses historical evidence as a basis for assessing the future.

The fact that a thread to get me to leave this site has been started by the racist woestyner and supported by his other racists cohorts who find it fair to continue direct attacks at me is testament to their hatred of people who have the confidence to speak the truth, I will not be intimidated or stiffled. Yes this is a private forum, one which is not owned by any of the regular contributors but my argument is that given the public nature of services it provides, there is implicit in its role, a responsibility to give a fair representation of a diversity of opinions.

Comment

heheheh Ches, you said it better than I could have.
          I think the one point you missed , is that Nubianman, with his rude comments, have insulted just about every individual posting here. Nobody likes to hear that their entire race is no-good or a bunch of racists. No person here would like to read a post in which his culture is attacked and ridiculed - especially when the wrongs of the past was a product of a government and not a people. The reason for the Vote to ban Nubianman was simple - his trolling. As mentioned before, I think he is a white college kid, looking for trouble. He is definitely in the United States and more than likely in the DC area, so we know he is not in South Africa and more than likely, not a South African. His hatred for people of other races is disturbing. It is such a blind rage that he makes wild statements that cannot be backed up with facts or references.
          Nubianman had opportunities to be my friend, as well as a friend to everyone on this board. I tried reasoning with him on occasion, but it didn't seem to sink in that we aren't hateful people.

Sorry Nubianman - you brought this image on yourself.

Just read your reply Nubianman - scrap all of the above and read this instead:
          Reality is not something you know a whole lot of. The only regime around here is the ANC, since Apartheid is dead and gone. You don't want whites and blacks to be equal, you want whites to be under black rule. You scream equality, yet everything you post is to mention how much better Africans are than Europeans. We are all human. You should know that - I'm done arguing with you. I've seen 3 year old children with more solid arguments. Grow up.

Comment

Tekkie, your obsession with me is quite disturbing and bordering on the perverse, I am not European and live nowhere near DC and o I do not hate people of other races.

Comment

hahaha can't take ownership of what you said earlier as well. lol. You still haven't replied to Ches' post. Good luck on that one, Mr. Racist.
              Your constant accusations that we are all Racists, based on the fact that we are white, and the paranoid idea that all blacks are oppressed by all europeans smacks of racial intolerance. Once again, get your ducks in a row before you run your trap.

Comment

Nubianman, I al glad to hear that you won't allow yourself to be stiffled - is that like rigor mortis? One can also hope that you won't let yourself be stifled (you know, interrupted, cut off, held back)

I think you are absolutely entitled to your views, odd as I might sometimes think they are. I would ask though, that when you say things like "Africans are the orignal inhabitants of America", and then get bashed in replies, you justify your post with proof instead of calling the people making replies racist imperialist homosexual europeans. You are just opening yourself up to more personal attacks when you do things like that, surely you understand why?

I think most people secretly like you anyway, who would we bicker with if you left?

Oh, and like Ches said, and I suggested before, why don't you become a moderator too? I'm sure Niquie would make you one and then you can feel like the power is more balanced. You'll notice that even though Woestynryer, Konsalik and myself have been moderators for a couple of weeks now, none of your posts have been edited or removed.

You still have freedom of speech, just do it without the insults, ok?

[Edited by liza81 on 7th August 2004 at 09:49]

Comment

An invitation...

Originally posted by Nubianman
                  The only condition under which I will leave this forum is if there is any forced attempt to make me accept European racial superiority, I will never ever stand for this.
                  There you are. You heard him. He'll only leave if he feels the "superiority" is "racially European". It looks that, according to his standard of thinking, the moderators are ALL WHITE. He doesn't like anyone of white colour in a position of influence. Boot the bugger!

Comment

I am new to this forum but I can not discard my doubts about this man who calls himself Nubianman, he must have a link with South Africa and or a very big chip on his shoulder, cannot believe that any black American would go to these lengths of communication, he mentions Biko and Mandela as his heroes....

His interest in SA goes beneath skincolour

I have met many black Americans, but by God this guys interest goes to the extreme
                    Moonwalker

The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us,
                    And I for one must be content to remain an agnostic
                    ...Charles Darwin...

Comment

Originally posted by Moonwalker

I am new to this forum but I can not discard my doubts about this man who calls himself Nubianman, he must have a link with South Africa and or a very big chip on his shoulder...
                      Definitely the second one. He has no clue about life over here.

PS: Thanks for joining the boards. Hope to see you around.

If there's a 50/50 chance that something can go wrong...
                      9 out of 10 times it will.

Comment

Re: An invitation...

Originally posted by Knopkirie-Knickers
                        Originally posted by Nubianman
                        The only condition under which I will leave this forum is if there is any forced attempt to make me accept European racial superiority, I will never ever stand for this.
                        There you are. You heard him. He'll only leave if he feels the "superiority" is "racially European". It looks that, according to his standard of thinking, the moderators are ALL WHITE. He doesn't like anyone of white colour in a position of influence. Boot the bugger!
                        Hallo again Kierie. I don't know why he keeps harping on about Europeans trying to make him say that they are superior. It all sounds very fishy to me. Next time I meet someone from Europe I think I'll ask them if they are aware of the grand conspiracy. Oooh, maybe we can ask cinnamon, she's Dutch.

Anyway, I think instead of trying to get dear Nubian to leave, he needs to apply for a moderatorship too, and then we won't be just a bunch of Afrikaans speaking whities. Nubainman has not followed my suggestion though, so maybe it doesn't really bother him that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonwalker

I am new to this forum but I can not discard my doubts about this man who calls himself Nubianman, he must have a link with South Africa and or a very big chip on his shoulder, cannot believe that any black American would go to these lengths of communication, he mentions Biko and Mandela as his heroes....

His interest in SA goes beneath skincolour

I have met many black Americans, but by God this guys interest goes to the extreme
                          My interest in SA is not because of any links with that country per se, I have never been there before but I do intend to visit sometime in the future and I would like that visit to be at a time when my African brothers are truly free. I have met European and African sounth africans in the past and in fact two of my friends are married to South Africans, one to an European one and the other to an african one.

I state my views very clearly to both these people and their families and friends when I see them or when their husbands come visiting but I ain't no hater of other races, it is because even though I was quite young when apartheid existed, I was very involved in my own little way to bring about its end. I never bought any South african products from the shops and never banked or bought anything from a business that was in anyway associated with the apartheid government which might have encouraged the South african government to continue their policies. Even now when I run into European south africans, I always remind them about their crimes and most of them are embarrassed by their past as I can see this through their answers. I never hesitate to tell them that the human memory is a long one and we africans will never forget the humiliation we suffered as second class people because of the apartheid.

What some of you do not know is that Africans in every part of the world never felt free whilst africans in SA were in bondage, it just was not possible. We definitely wanted it to end in whatever way possible. Sometimes i think the ignorance I see on this board is as a result of the history you were all taught in school, one which omitted to mention the atrocities that you government sponsored in many other african countries including Angola and even Namibia. It is therefore unimaginable to myself and many others that the Europeans in South Africa can be anything other than a bunch of deeply rooted racists!

Comment

Moonwalker - Definately no 'chip' dude.You don't get many people with 'boulders' on their shoulders......

Comment

So what you're saying is that you went along with the sanctions instead of breaking the laws of your country and that you know nothing of the atrocities in Africa sponsored by your own government and instead, fight a distant, verbal crusade against a dead regime and the children of that regime who were too young to do anything about it.

Your attacks should be directed at the parents of the people on this board, who might have been able to know better, except that they were lied to and cheated. They were fed propaganda by a man trained by the Nazis who learned his lesson when the Nazi regime collapsed. They were conscripted to fight in wars they knew nothing about and didn't understand.

The world of apartheid was vastly different. There was no internet on which to get underground publications, international news and radio. You were able to access the news that the government allowed you to hear. Censorship was everywhere.

The people voting "Yes" to the National Party were no worse than the peole voting "Yes" to a war in Iraq. They knew little of the great black fear, other than the fear itself. Just like Americans know nothing of the great "Terrorism Threat" other than that a few thousand people died one day in 2001 and now hundreds of thousands need to die across the world in the name of "homeland protection".

I am greatly sorry that you feel some kind of guilt at being a middle-class American who is not beset by the poverty suffered by many black Americans. I'm sorry that you live a life of excess and feel deap-seated guilt about this. Don't feel bad that you don't have the conviction of Jesus's deciples to give it all up and work for your cause. There's a reason there were only 12 of them.

I'm sorry that you don't have an outlet for the self-loathing you feel, however, to direct your hate at a group of people who are trying to pick up the pieces of a confusing and difficult world their grandparents' generation made for them and their parents' generation helped take apart is just wrong.

In the last all-white vote in South Africa, 70% voted to end apartheid. You should focus on that statistic and try to walk a mile in a South African's shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X