Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML TIPS

Hi all,

If anybody would like to know ANYTHING about HTML, Graphic Design, Javascript or need help designing your homepages, you can use this forum to get all the help you need.

Good luck with your Designs, hey, maybe I'll organise a Web Award for the best Designs?

we'll see

Cheers

Nique

http://www.webad.co.za

WebAd Internet Advertising
    Web Development and Internet Solutions

http://www.africancom.com

Africancom
    Online Tourism Directory

Hi Nique

I am looking for the javascript for playing background music that will function in both Netscape and Microsoft browsers...can u help?

Tx

Comment

Hey Dokkie,

Do me a fav..

I assume you are using the

{bgsound src="mysound.wav"}tag(mind the brackets)

let me know about that, and if you're not using that at the mo' just stick yours in here so i can take a look...

Also give this tag a go and see what it does in NS.
      The tag i showed above is for IE, not sure how Netscape handles it though.

I'm not sure how clued up you are with HTML, so I won't go any further yet with other variables that you might just know in your sleep

lemme know then

Cheers

Comment

Nique, I have this problem...

I am a complete and utter novice with Javascript. In fact I am entirely self-taught with anything computer.

Problem: I am trying to get a second web page to open when a submit button in a form is hit; that second page also containing submit/return buttons which will either return the viewer to the form or send the original form (depending on the selection made).

The whole purpose of the exercise is to ensure that certain information/requirements are displayed & viewed before the form is sent...

I have been struggling with this one for a long time now. ANY help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
        cjm
        "You only live once, but that is quite enough"

Comment

Hi CJM

No prob... what you are trying to do is quite simple, i have a rough idea, but i'll need to see or i'll need you to explain in more details EXACTLY what it is that is being done here.

As i understand, you have a form being submitted, but before it saubmits, you want the viewer to read something first.
          If that's what it is, then i'd say why not use an alert or confirmation box?

but if its another page or sumthing with graphics and stuff then you'll just need a new window pop-up, and onclose of THAT window - submit!

you with me?

lemme know then. lol* sorry if i confused you here
          I've got code streaming out my ears!!!
          cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Nique
            Hi CJM

...If that's what it is, then i'd say why not use an alert or confirmation box?

but if its another page or sumthing with graphics and stuff then you'll just need a new window pop-up, and onclose of THAT window - submit!...

Nique,
            The problem with the alert/confirmation box is that on pressing "OK" it just continues with submitting the form while I want to give the viewer the choice of not continuing with the submit.

The problem with the second suggestion is similar: I don't want to give the viewer the option of merely closing the window without selecting either to continue with the submit or returning to the form. The point is that it must be impossible to submit the form without reading the second window. However after reading the second window, the viewer must also have the option of NOT continuing

The concept seems to be fairly widely used. For example: If you order something you are forced to at least scroll through a vast pile of legal gibberish to ensure that you are at the mercy of the seller, before your order is actually processed/forwarded!! You generally do have the option after reading the gibberish to opt out.

Am I making sense? I can get the thing to ultimately submit but I can't get it to abandon the submit and return to the form.

Comment

No problem!!

That's why I mentioned the CONFIRMATION box. It'll say something like.

Code:
              ===================================================
                 |    Are you sure you want to sell your old ugly      |
                 |             stinking undies for R2?                 |
                 |       __________                  __________        |
                 |      |          |                |          |       |
                 |      |   YES    |                |    NO    |       |
                 |      |__________|                |__________|       |
                 =======================================================
              Click YES, and the form submits, click NO, and it don't.

Is this the thing you want?

Lemme know.

Cheers bud

Comment

AAAAH...

Thanks Nique, I'll bug you again if it does not work!!

Comment

Working...
                X