Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts problems report it here

Hi,

Hope everyone likes the new layout, we have bug tested a fair bit on this new design but if you find anything we missed report it to this forum and I will fix it up as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Noth

couple of things:

- won't let you put in images
    - doesn't show simlies
    - options for "start new thread" "post reply" not showing
    - whole board crammed in left side of the screen

I think that's all my tech. porblems for the moment

Thanks for taking care of this Noth

Liza

Comment

1)Icons not showing up on this screen:

http://www.southafrica.com/community...hreadid%3D5313

2)On the post reply screen the smilies and check boxes are not lighned up.

3)Need administrators

Comment

Would you please delete the posts dating from earlier than 2004? There are 30 pages of posts going all the way back to '99. I'm sure we don't need them.
        Common Sense is what tells you that the World is Flat
        -------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Its good to hear about these problems, I'm short of time at the moment but I will fix it within a week (15th), a few more sites to go up ect.

About the forums being pushed over to the left, I'm afraid thats part of the design for the site, changing it would make it look pretty bad (I've had a look and I dont see that as being a problem. Image posting and the line up of images is a valid point as is smilies, its something I'll look into as is the start new thread post new reply.

The login screen, well it is still in the old design which I have set some time aside for changing alter this week.

Administration, I'll see if I can have a look, its still possible they cant sign in.

Noth

Comment

On the southafrica.com page

Cape Town Experience is spelled wrong.

Not Experiance.

Might I make a suggestion.Taking it's about South Africa it would be great if the site could use 'South African English'.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Noth

About the forums being pushed over to the left, I'm afraid thats part of the design for the site, changing it would make it look pretty bad (I've had a look and I dont see that as being a problem.

Oh well, I just wondered since everything at scotland.com is centered.

Liza

Comment

about the guestbook:

http://www.southafrica.com/community/guestbook.html

It's says something like: signing the guestbook is easy, all you need to do is to become a member.

This is a little confusing, no? If you have to be a member to sign it, why is it called a guestbook?

Could we maybe rename that forum to something like "the welcome book" "New member forum" or something along those lines? You know, a place where new members can come and introduce themselves to the rest of us.

I think if they can test out the waters in that type of forum, and get a friendl response there, they'd be much more likely to join in other discussions aswell.

What do you think?

Liza

Comment

What is supposed to show next to the date in all our posts? It's just a little red X at the moment.

Comment

Dead link

One of the members wished to become a former member, but this link http://www.southafrica.com/community/deletemember.php
                    is dead at the moment. Can you fix it please?

Thanks
                    Liza

Comment

Yes the problem with the image next to the date

That seems like something for now we're going to have to live with for some reason the board controls dont really want that to be set. Delete member thing, I'll get that sorted in the next couple of days.

Keep em comming, I'm checking this page still and once I have some time spare it will be sorted out.

Noth

Comment

Noth

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hurrah! hello Nique

For such a long time this board was without any Admins whatsoever, and now we have two!

Much appreciated.

Liza

Comment

Niquie,

No Worries. Excelent to see you here, anything else you need just get in contact and I'll see what I can sort.

Noth

Comment

Working...
                            X