MODERATOR CASTING CALL!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MODERATOR CASTING CALL!

If you would like to be a moderator, and have the time to devote to this activity, please let me know what forums you wish to monitor.

One caveat: If a member wishes to object to a nomination, please do so in this thread and please keep it polite and succinct.

Thanks.

Hallo Niquie!

Could you tell everyone exactly what the duties of a moderator would be? We haven't had moderators in years, so I think everyone will appreciate it.

I'll be happy to do the guestbook/film & music and history.

If there are other forums that you really need someone for I'll be willing to do them until someone else asks for the job.

So glad you're here!

Cheers
    Liza

Comment

Hello Niquie.

Would be honored to if given the chance.

Any of the following, or all if I'm needed.

History,Current Events,Open board,Politics.
      Will Also help Liza with Language if needs be.

Definately happy things are happening.

Thanks

Comment

I'll assist with SPORT and OPEN BOARD and anywhere else where needed.
        KONSALIK

USED TO BE PROUD TO BE SOUTH AFRICAN

Comment

Hi. Don't let the user name fool you.

It's Niquie your administrator. Having difficulty with my account.

Okay! So, we're getting into moderator mode....

Being a moderator means you ACTUALLY SHOW UP on a regular basis to check your forums. A moderator makes certain there are is no troll infestation, and closes threads when necessary and edits out language that is inappropriate and remarks that could be deemed driven by hate, prejudice or racism.

A moderator also has the job of keeping his or her forum interesting. Familiarize yourself with subjct matter and submit new threads to keep the action going.

A good moderator NEVER abuses his or her authority. You cannot edit and close threads because of a disagreement of opinion. And you cannot threaten people with censure. Alternatively, moderators do NOT lose posting privileges. You may post your opinion just as before. So do not let ANYONE tell you, as a moderator, you have no right to express yourself.

But the key to keeping a site fun, clean and interesting is to BAN TOGETHER TO BAN THE TROLLS.

You find a troll, you let me know. These people come here for one purpose and one purpose only. To ruin the site. If they get inside, get them outside and do it TOGETHER.

Comment

All said and done and with a better understanding of what is expected from a moderator, I am still interested. Specifically in the categories previously mentioned, i.e. OPEN BOARD and SPORT.

Regards
            KONSALIK

Comment

Know the rules off by heart.

bring it on ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Woestynryer
                Know the rules off by heart.

bring it on ;-)
                windgat..........lol
                KONSALIK

Comment

Re: Hi. Don't let the user name fool you.

Originally posted by Admin1
                  edits out language that is inappropriate and remarks that could be deemed driven by hate, prejudice or racism.
                  Well, on this board its going to be a full time job ;-)

I heartily second and endorse the nominations of Lisa81, Konsalik and WoestynRyer as moderators. I know they'll do an excellent job.

Set them up, point them in the right direction, and let them go!

Take it easy all
                  Common Sense is what tells you that the World is Flat
                  -------------------------------

Comment

so this would be the kind of thing we could edit out?

http://www.southafrica.com/forums/sh...?threadid=5343

8th reply by Nubianman:
                    No one is going to bother with a response from a certified homosexual. That is the truth and it sure as hell hurts, so why don't you stick some Dunkin Donuts up your racist asses
                    That seems a bit inflammatory to me, wouldn't you all agree?

Comment

Liza - Definately.We might want to make mr.Nubian aware that there's a difference between opinion and sexual prejudice with inflammatory remarks.
                      I still believe in at least,three strikes and your out.If that was the case from the biginning mr.Nubianman would long have been gone.

I hope when deleting a thread a warning is sent to the user giving reasons why it's done and telling him not to do it again.

Comment

Just wondering why is everything so silent all of a sudden.

Does Admin Have problems?

KONSALIK

Comment

The minute a certifed racist like woestynryer or whatever becomes an adminstrator of the great forum, that will be the day this forum begins to die. If you are not an homosexual, I fail to see why it hurts you so much. Perhaps I have hit a wrong spot or is it that I have hit the truth.

And as for you Lizard88, why do you not stick to crawling? Was that not what you were created for. I am probably the one person on this board who uses the least abusive language.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubianman
                            The minute a certifed racist like woestynryer or whatever becomes an adminstrator of the great forum, that will be the day this forum begins to die. If you are not an homosexual, I fail to see why it hurts you so much. Perhaps I have hit a wrong spot or is it that I have hit the truth.

And as for you Lizard88, why do you not stick to crawling? Was that not what you were created for. I am probably the one person on this board who uses the least abusive language.
                            Well, I certainly didn't care for this post.

Anyway, peeps, I am back. There are still a few glitches with the admin. bulletin board, but I will endeavor to get over there and put into place more moderators.

Comment

Thank you Niquie.

Let us know where we can be of more help.
                              As you see there is a lot of 'noise' on this forum but with dedication, and postive South Africans willing to help,this can become a great site.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X