Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration to South Africa

Hi all

Every year, more and more people immigrate to South Africa. It has become a very attractive destination, with its astounding quality of life and solid business environment.

The Republic of South Africa (RSA) has a well-developed and intricate process for handling those wishing to immigrate. This process is full of difficult and sometimes extremely complex procedures, forms and rules.

At ImmigrationSouthAfrica.org, you can find out what you need to know to immigrate successfully. You can ask for help on our Email us pages, read updated information about South Africa and even complete an online Eligibility Assessment. Lastly, you can find an immigration consultant to assist you, which is the most common course of action.

For those who want to immigrate to South Africa, please visit our site. Free advice and information on South Africa and how to immigrate easily and cost effectively.

We also help with relocation and settling (finance, tax, travel, accommodation and property, etc).

Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding immigration to South Africa on this post.

Warm regards
    Jess Green
    Director | ImmigrationSouthAfrica.org
    jess@immigrationsouthafrica.org
    Immigration South Africa

Anyone considering moving to South Africa should do their homework well before packing their bags.
    South Africa has one of the highest violent crime rates in the world.
    The unemployment rate is very high and the white population of South Africa is discriminated against.
    Qualified people are leaving the country in droves, because it is dangerous and the political situation is volatile with the ANC fighting within its own ranks. Foreign investors are wary of investing in South Africa.
    Refugees from other African countries are flooding into SA in their thousands.
    If there really are all these wonderful job opportunities available - give them to the people already living here, don't lure unsuspecting people into a country which many are trying to escape from.
    Freedom's just another word for 'nothing left to lose' ...

Comment

Immigrate to South Africa

@RealityofLife

The fact remains that there are more South Africans returning right now than those leaving. South Africa has also ranked 6th in the Global HSBC Expatriate Study for the quality of experience living in SA (ahead of America, Canada and and the UK).

We do agree that people should do their homework before immigrating to any country, but you are only painting a negative impression due to your personal views, probably from a bad past experience.

And remember, every country has its difficulties. Many countries have fights within their governments, African immigrants, etc. Whites are generally not discriminated against, but perhaps you were. Foreign investors are investing greatly, and we were much less touched by the recent global crisis due to our financial system which is consistently ranked 5th in the world.

There are always two sides to a coin. Why are you so pessimistic?

Comment

Some may call it pessimism - I call it the reality of life.
        Yes, I have had a bad experience, being held up by 4 armed lunatics is not a nice experience. Sadly its not an isolated incident and just about everyone near and dear to me has been a victim of crime. If I could get out of here, I'd leave today - but I'm not in a position to do that.
        In my day to day life I try to ignore the negative and would not consider myself to be a negative person. In social situations, more often than not, the talk turns to who has been held up, robbed, raped, mugged, etc. - a close friend was raped by 7 intruders in her home, an elderly friend had her finger bitten down to the bone to get her diamond ring --- I could go on and on, but all you need to do is to read your local newspaper to see that crime is completely out of control - and with the armed forces threatening to go on strike, the police apparently incapable of doing their jobs properly, teachers striking, children (our future leaders) not getting the education they deserve ----- sigh !

Comment

Immigration South Africa

@Reality of Life

You still haven't answered where you live now.

Yes, the media is terrible at being optimistic - they seem to think they can sell more by broadcasting bad news. The reality is that in most countries there are horrid things going on, but we don't hear about them, because we don't live in those areas. For example, in the US there are vast numbers of murders, but most of them are in the poorer areas. This is the same in South Africa.

Each and every country has its plusses and minuses, so to say, and immigrants need to make their choices. Perhaps during the 1990's South Africa wasn't the best place to immigrate to. Now, however, it really has improved vastly.

Comment

I moved from Johannesburg to a slightly less crime-ridden city - but sadly things are going the same way here.

Why do you think the ANC wants to restrict media coverage - because of all the good things going on in South Africa? No - because the media is telling it like it is and they don't want the public to know just how badly they are bungling the running of the country.

And I don't think we hear the half of what's actually going on. The armed response company that protects the complex where I live sends out a weekly newsletter of incidents they have dealth with in the past week - and its scary - and most of it is never reported on in the newspaper.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Immigration South Africa

@RealityOfLife

All countries (except Vatican City) have crime that is unreported. Many countries where media restrictions are directly imposed. Many countries and areas in all countries where crime is rife. You are right - we will have to disagree.

The only true thing is that to improve things, one has to be as positive as possible.

Good luck and all the best!

PS: There are many topics here that you may want to comment on: http://www.southafrica.com/forums/so...ican-politics/

Comment

Originally posted by ImmigrationSA View Post
                All countries (except Vatican City) have crime that is unreported.
                What do you mean? Are you telling me that all crimes in the Vatican City are reported? How do you know that?

Also, just because other countries have a crime rate that may or may not be equivalent to ours, doesn't make our level of crime acceptable. Maybe you should spend some time talking to the victims of crime. I think you will find that they don't find it at all comforting that people in other parts of the world may be suffering to the same degree or worse than they are.

Comment

Immigrate to South Africa

@RealityOfLife

The Vatican City part was clearly a joke.

Crime is never acceptable. I myself am a victim of crime, and I then lived in another country for two years, but I have chosen to return to South Africa and be optimistic, already with such a change to my life. My roots are here and it really is an amazing country.

As mentioned before, this thread and this topic is immigration to South Africa, and people who want to immigrate can ask questions here on how to do it. Crime and politics are discussed on other pages. If you wish to post further posts, please do so there or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmigrationSA View Post
                    @RealityOfLife

The Vatican City part was clearly a joke.

Crime is never acceptable. I myself am a victim of crime, and I then lived in another country for two years, but I have chosen to return to South Africa and be optimistic, already with such a change to my life. My roots are here and it really is an amazing country.

As mentioned before, this thread and this topic is immigration to South Africa, and people who want to immigrate can ask questions here on how to do it. Crime and politics are discussed on other pages. If you wish to post further posts, please do so there or PM me.
                    May I remind you that this is an open non commercial forum.. and that it is not up to any individual person to dictate as to where and how posts are to be directed
                    Moonwalker

The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us,
                    And I for one must be content to remain an agnostic
                    ...Charles Darwin...

Comment

Buying property in SA

Since you might be immigrating to South Africa I suppose you will be looking at buying property at some point? I have recently stumbled upon this great website that sells Repossessed Propertie. The great thing is that one can view all the houses online and make an offer on the house. Check it out sometime Private Property For Sale in South Africa | Bank Repossessed Houses | Private Property Sales | Repossessed Properties

Comment

Working...
                      X