X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please

Hi

Can anyone shed some light please?

My 14 year old son was registered as a BC about 2 years ago and i was naturalised.

Last year my son moved back to SA with his father. My son was born in SA therefore now holds dual nationality. I am going to visit him in December and we want to fly from durban to Johannesburg however he hasn't applied to renew his SA passport yet.

My question is, can he fly domestically in SA with only his birth certificate? I have rung the Home Office in London and they said yes he can but the Home office in Pretoria said he also needs his dads birth certificate, i am so confused.

If anyone has travelled within SA just on a birth certificate or knows if this can be done please respond to this thread.

Thank you.

Traveling on a birth certificate

Originally posted by Exsa1 View Post
    Hi

Can anyone shed some light please?

My 14 year old son was registered as a BC about 2 years ago and i was naturalised.

Last year my son moved back to SA with his father. My son was born in SA therefore now holds dual nationality. I am going to visit him in December and we want to fly from durban to Johannesburg however he hasn't applied to renew his SA passport yet.

My question is, can he fly domestically in SA with only his birth certificate? I have rung the Home Office in London and they said yes he can but the Home office in Pretoria said he also needs his dads birth certificate, i am so confused.

If anyone has travelled within SA just on a birth certificate or knows if this can be done please respond to this thread.

Thank you.
    The only document on which you can travel is a passport. Perhaps what you are asking is, other than a passport, what does your child need to travel with you, an the answer is nothing. The new immigration laws do state that you are required to have a signed letter from your spouse and an unabridged birth certificate, however this specific law/requirement has been postponed until 1 June 2015.

Comment

Working...
    X