Tag: buffalo river

  • King Williams Town

    The national road (N2) leads through pleasant rural landscapes to the historical town named in honor of King William IV of Britain. King William's Town, situated on the upper stretches of the Buffalo River, originated as a mission station in 1826. During the Xhosa wars the town was proclaimed the capital of the province of British Kaffraria and during 1857, two thousand German ...